e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of October 26, 2020

Title 15Subtitle BChapter VIISubchapter CPart 764 → §764.4

Title 15: Commerce and Foreign Trade

§764.4   Reporting of violations.

(a) Where to report. If a person learns that an export control violation of the EAR has occurred or may occur, that person may notify:

Office of Export Enforcement, Bureau of Industry and Security,U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W., Room H-4520, Washington, D.C. 20230, Tel: (202) 482-1208, Facsimile: (202) 482-0964

or, for violations of part 760 of the EAR:

Office of Antiboycott Compliance, Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W., Room H-6099C, Washington, D.C. 20230, Tel: (202) 482-2381, Facsimile: (202) 482-0913.

(b) Failure to report violations. Failure to report potential violations may result in the unwarranted issuance of licenses or exports without the required licenses to the detriment of the interests of the United States.

(c) Reporting requirement distinguished. The reporting provisions in paragraph (a) of this section are not “reporting requirements” within the meaning of §764.2(i) of this part.

(d) Formerly embargoed destinations. Reporting requirements for activities within the scope of §764.2(e) that involve items subject to the EAR which may have been illegally exported or reexported to Libya prior to the lifting of the comprehensive embargo on Libya are found in §764.7 of the EAR.

[61 FR 12902, Mar. 25, 1996, as amended at 70 FR 14391, Mar. 22, 2005]

Need assistance?