e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of April 8, 2020

Title 13Chapter IPart 123Subpart F → §123.504

Title 13: Business Credit and Assistance
Subpart F—Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loans

§123.504   How do you apply for a Military Reservist EIDL?

To apply for a Military Reservist EIDL you must complete a SBA Military Reservist EIDL application package (SBA Form 5R and supporting documentation can be obtained through SBA's Disaster Area Office) including:

(a) A copy of the essential employee's official call-up orders for active duty showing the date of call-up, and, if known, the date of release from active duty. For an essential employee who expects to be called up and who has not received official call-up orders, the application shall include the notice of the expected call-up including, if known, the expected date of call-up and expected date of release from active duty;

(b) A statement from the business owner that the reservist is essential to the successful day-to-day operations of the business (detailing the employee's duties and responsibilities and explaining why these duties and responsibilities can't be completed in the essential employee's absence);

(c) A certification by the essential employee supporting that he or she concurs with the business owner's statement as described in paragraph (b) of this section;

(d) A written explanation and financial estimate of how the call-up of the essential employee has or will result in economic injury to your business;

(e) The steps your business is taking to alleviate the economic injury; and

(f) The business owners' certification that the essential employee will be offered the same or a similar job upon the employee's return from active duty.

[61 FR 3304, Jan. 31, 1996, as amended at 73 FR 54675, Sept. 23, 2008]

Need assistance?