e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 15, 2021

Title 12Chapter VISubchapter BPart 627Subpart B → §627.2720

Title 12: Banks and Banking
Subpart B—Receivers and Receiverships

§627.2720   Appointment of receiver.

(a) The Farm Credit Administration Board may, in its discretion, appoint ex parte and without notice a receiver for any Farm Credit institution in accordance with the grounds for appointment set forth in §627.2710 of this part.

(b) The receiver appointed for a Farm Credit institution shall be the Insurance Corporation.

(c) Upon the appointment of the Insurance Corporation as receiver, the Chairman of the Farm Credit Administration Board shall immediately notify the institution, and its district bank in the case of an association, and shall publish a notice of the appointment in the Federal Register.

(d) In the case of the voluntary or involuntary liquidation of an association, the district bank shall institute appropriate measures to minimize the adverse effect of the liquidation on those borrowers whose loans are purchased by or otherwise transferred to another System institution.

(e) Upon the issuance of the order placing a Farm Credit institution into liquidation and appointing the Insurance Corporation as receiver, all rights, privileges, and powers of the board of directors, officers, and employees of the institution shall be vested exclusively in the receiver. The Farm Credit Administration Board may simultaneously, or any time thereafter, cancel the charter of the institution.

[57 FR 46482, Oct. 9, 1992, as amended at 63 FR 5724, Feb. 4, 1998]

Need assistance?