e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 17, 2020

Title 12Chapter IIISubchapter BPart 347 → §347.119

Title 12: Banks and Banking

§347.119   Specific consent.

General consent and expedited processing under this subpart do not apply in the following circumstances:

(a) Limitation on access to supervisory information in foreign country. (1) Applicable law or practice in the foreign country where the foreign organization or foreign branch would be located would limit the FDIC's access to information for supervisory purposes; and

(i) A bank would hold 20 percent or more of the voting equity interests of a foreign organization or control such organization as a result of a foreign investment; or

(ii) A bank would be establishing a foreign branch.

(b) World Heritage site. A foreign branch of a bank would be located on a site on the World Heritage List or on the foreign country's equivalent of the National Register of Historic Places, in accordance with section 403 of the National Historic Preservation Act Amendments of 1980 (16 U.S.C. 470a-2).

(c) Modification or suspension of general consent or expedited processing. The FDIC at any time notifies the bank that the FDIC is modifying or suspending its general consent or expedited processing procedure.

(d) Specific consent. Direct or indirect investments in or activities of foreign organizations by banks, the establishment of foreign branches or issues regarding the types or amounts of activity that can be engaged in by foreign branches, which are not authorized under §§347.117 or 347.118 require prior review and specific consent of the FDIC.

Need assistance?