e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of October 19, 2020

Title 41Subtitle FChapter 302Subchapter EPart 302-15Subpart A → §302-15.13

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart A—General Rules for the Employee

§302-15.13   What are the income tax consequences when my agency pays for my property management services?

When your agency pays for your property management services, you will be taxed on the amount of expenses your agency pays for property management services whether it reimburses you directly or whether it pays a relocation service company to manage your residence. Your agency must pay you a relocation income tax (RIT) allowance for the additional Federal, State and local income taxes you incur on property management expenses it reimburses you or pays on your behalf.

Note to §302-15.13: You may wish to consult with a tax advisor to determine whether you will incur any additional tax liability, unrelated to your agency's payment of your property management expenses, as a result of maintaining your residence as a rental property.

Need assistance?