e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 14, 2021

Title 24Subtitle BChapter IISubchapter BPart 241 → Subpart B

Title 24: Housing and Urban Development

Subpart B—Contract Rights and Obligations

§241.251   Cross-reference.
§241.260   Definitions.
§241.261   Payment of insurance benefits.
§241.265   Insurance of property against flood.
§241.270   Refund upon termination of insurance.
§241.275   No vested right in fund.

return arrow Back to Top

§241.251   Cross-reference.

(a) Projects with a HUD-insured or HUD-held mortgage. All of the provisions of subpart B, part 207 of this chapter, covering mortgages insured under section 207 of the National Housing Act, apply with full force and effect to multifamily project and group practice facility mortgages insured under section 241 of the National Housing Act, except the following provisions:


207.251     Definitions.

207.253a   Termination of insurance contract.

207.259     Insurance benefits.

207.260     Protection of mortgage security.

207.262     No vested right in fund.

(b) For the purposes of this subpart, the terms mortgagor, mortgagee and mortgage, as used in subpart B, part 207 of this chapter shall be construed to mean borrower, lender and supplementary loan (including the security instrument), respectively.

(c) Projects without a HUD-insured or HUD-held mortgage. The provisions of subpart D of this part shall be applicable to a project without a HUD-insured or HUD-held mortgage that is receiving a loan insured under subpart A of this part in connection with a plan of action approved by the Commissioner under part 248 of this chapter.

[36 FR 24653, Dec. 22, 1971, as amended at 37 FR 8664, Apr. 29, 1972; 48 FR 57129, Dec. 28, 1983; 57 FR 12037, Apr. 8, 1992]

return arrow Back to Top

§241.260   Definitions.

All of the definitions contained in §241.1 shall apply to this subpart. In addition, the term contract of insurance, as used in this subpart, means the agreement evidenced by endorsement of the credit instrument by the Commissioner or his duly authorized representative, and includes the provisions of this subpart and of the National Housing Act.

return arrow Back to Top

§241.261   Payment of insurance benefits.

All of the provisions of §207.259 of this chapter relating to insurance benefits shall apply to multifamily loans insured under this subpart.

[80 FR 51469, Aug. 25, 2015]

return arrow Back to Top

§241.265   Insurance of property against flood.

The mortgaged property shall be insured against flood as stipulated by the Federal Housing Commissioner. The mortgagee shall obtain such coverage in the event the mortgagor fails to do so. If the mortgagee fails to pay any premiums necessary to keep the mortgaged premises so insured, the contract of mortgage insurance may be terminated at the election of the Commissioner.

[39 FR 26023, July 16, 1974]

return arrow Back to Top

§241.270   Refund upon termination of insurance.

Upon termination of the insurance contract by payment in full or by voluntary termination, the Commissioner shall refund to the lender for the account of the borrower an amount equal to the pro rata portion of the current annual loan insurance premium theretofore paid, which is applicable to the portion of the year subsequent to (a) the date of the prepayment or (b) the effective date of the voluntary termination of the contract of insurance.

return arrow Back to Top

§241.275   No vested right in fund.

Neither the lender nor the borrower shall have any vested or other right in the insurance fund under which the loan is insured.

return arrow Back to Top

Need assistance?