e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of April 16, 2021

Title 7Subtitle BChapter IVPart 400Subpart M → §400.207

Title 7: Agriculture
Subpart M—Agency Sales and Service Contract—Standards for Approval

§400.207   Representative licensing and certification.

(a) A Contractor must maintain twenty-five (25) licensed and certified Contractor Representatives.

(b) A Contractor's Representative who solicits, sells and services FCIC policies or represents the Contractor in solicitation, sales or service of such policies must hold a license as issued by the State or States in which the policies are issued, which license authorizes the sales of insurance in any one or more of the following lines:

(1) Multiple peril crop insurance;

(2) Crop hail insurance;

(3) Casualty insurance;

(4) Property insurance;

(5) Liability insurance; or

(6) Fire insurance and allied lines.

The Contractor must submit evidence, satisfactory to the Corporation, verifying the type of State license held by each Representative and the date of expiration of each license.

(c) A Contractor's Representative must have achieved certification by the Corporation for each crop upon which the Representative sells and services insurance.

Need assistance?