(a) The Commission shall issue a license for the medical use of byproduct material if -
(1) The applicant has filed NRC Form 313 “Application for Material License” in accordance with the instructions in § 35.12;
(2) The applicant has paid any applicable fee as provided in Part 170 of this chapter;
(3) The Commission finds the applicant equipped and committed to observe the safety standards established by the Commission in this Chapter for the protection of the public health and safety; and
(4) The applicant meets the requirements of Part 30 of this chapter.
(b) The Commission shall issue a license for mobile medical service if the applicant:
(1) Meets the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section; and
(2) Assures that individuals or human research subjects to whom unsealed byproduct material or radiation from implants containing byproduct material will be administered may be released following treatment in accordance with § 35.75.