Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 26: Internal Revenue
§51.6 Notice of preliminary fee calculation.
(a) Content of notice. For each sales year, the IRS will make a preliminary calculation of the fee for each covered entity as described in §51.5. The IRS will notify each covered entity of its preliminary fee calculation for that sales year. The notification to a covered entity of its preliminary fee calculation will include—
(1) The covered entity's allocated fee;
(2) The covered entity's branded prescription drug sales, by NDC, by Program;
(3) The covered entity's branded prescription drug sales taken into account after application of §51.5(a)(4);
(4) The aggregate branded prescription drug sales taken into account for all covered entities;
(5) The covered entity's adjustment amount calculated as described in §51.5(e); and
(6) A reference to the fee dispute resolution procedures set forth in guidance published in the Internal Revenue Bulletin.
(b) Time of notice. The IRS will send each covered entity notice of its preliminary fee calculation by the date prescribed in guidance published in the Internal Revenue Bulletin.
[T.D. 9684, 79 FR 43644, July 28, 2014]