The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 36: Parks, Forests, and Public Property
§1232.16 What documentation must an agency create before it transfers records to a records storage facility?
(a) Documentation must include for each individual records series spanning one or more consecutive years transferred to storage:
(1) Creating office;
(2) Series title;
(3) Description (in the case of permanent or unscheduled records, the description must include a folder title list of the box contents or equivalent detailed records description);
(4) Date span;
(5) Physical form and medium of records (e.g., paper, motion picture film, sound recordings, photographs, or digital images);
(7) Citation to NARA-approved records schedule or agency records disposition manual (unscheduled records must cite the date the agency notified NARA or, if available, the date the SF 115 was submitted to NARA);
(8) Restrictions on access if applicable;
(9) Disposition (“permanent,” “temporary,” or “unscheduled; SF 115 pending”);
(10) Date of disposition action (transfer to the National Archives of the United States or destruction);
(11) Physical location, including name and address of facility; and
(12) Control number or identifier used to track records.
(b) In the case of permanent and unscheduled records, provide copies of such documentation to NARA and advise NARA in writing of the new location whenever the records are moved to a new storage facility. For permanent records, the agency must transmit this documentation to the National Archives and Records Administration, Modern Records Programs (NWM), 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD 20740-6001, phone number (301) 837-1738, no later than 30 days after records are transferred to the agency records center or commercial records storage facility.
(1) Retain temporary records until the expiration of their NARA-approved retention period and no longer, except as provided for in §1226.18 of this subchapter.
(2) Transfer permanent records to the National Archives of the United States in accordance with 36 CFR part 1235.