The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 15: Commerce and Foreign Trade
Supplement No. 3 to Part 748—Statement by Ultimate Consignee and Purchaser Content Requirements
If a statement on company letterhead will be used to meet the requirement to obtain a Statement by Ultimate Consignee and Purchaser, as described in §748.11(a), follow the requirements described in paragraph (a) of this appendix. If Form BIS-711 will be used to meet the requirement, follow the requirements described in paragraph (b) of this appendix.
(a) Statement on company letterhead. Information in response to each of the following criteria must be included in the statement. If any information is unknown, that fact should be disclosed in the statement. Preprinted information supplied on the statement, including the name, address, or nature of business of the ultimate consignee or purchaser appearing on the letterhead or order form is acceptable but will not constitute evidence of either the signer's identity, the country of ultimate destination, or end use of the items described in the license application.
(1) Paragraph 1. One of the following certifications must be included depending on whether the statement is proffered in support of a single license application or multiple license applications:
(i) Single. This statement is to be considered part of a license application submitted by [name and address of applicant].
(ii) Multiple. This statement is to be considered a part of every license application submitted by [name and address of applicant] until four years from the date this statement is signed.
(2) Paragraph 2. One or more of the following certifications must be included. Note that if any of the facts related to the following statements are unknown, this must be clearly stated.
(i) The items for which a license application will be filed by [name of applicant] will be used by us as capital equipment in the form in which received in a manufacturing process in [name of country] and will not be reexported or incorporated into an end product.
(ii) The items for which a license application will be filed by [name of applicant] will be processed or incorporated by us into the following product(s) [list products] to be manufactured in [name of country] for distribution in [list name of country or countries].
(iii) The items for which a license application will be filed by [name of applicant] will be resold by us in the form in which received for use or consumption in [name of country].
(iv) The items for which a license application will be filed by [name of applicant] will be reexported by us in the form in which received to [name of country or countries].
(v) The items received from [name of applicant] will be [describe use of the items fully].
(3) Paragraph 3. The following two certifications must be included:
(i) The nature of our business is [possible choices include: broker, distributor, fabricator, manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer, value added reseller, original equipment manufacturer, etc.].
(ii) Our business relationship with [name of applicant] is [possible choices include; contractual, franchise, distributor, wholesaler, continuing and regular individual business, etc.] and we have had this business relationship for [number of years].
(4) Paragraph 4. The final paragraph must include all of the following certifications:
(i) We certify that all of the facts contained in this statement are true and correct to the best of our knowledge and we do not know of any additional facts that are inconsistent with the above statements. We shall promptly send a replacement statement to [name of the applicant] disclosing any material change of facts or intentions described in this statement that occur after this statement has been prepared and forwarded to [name of applicant]. We acknowledge that the making of any false statement or concealment of any material fact in connection with this statement may result in imprisonment or fine, or both, and denial, in whole or in part, of participation in U.S. exports or reexports.
(ii) Except as specifically authorized by the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, or by written approval from the Bureau of Industry and Security, we will not reexport, resell, or otherwise dispose of any items approved on a license supported by this statement:
(A) To any country not approved for export as brought to our attention by the exporter; or
(B) To any person if there is reason to believe that it will result directly or indirectly in disposition of the items contrary to the representations made in this statement or contrary to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
(iii) We understand that acceptance of this statement as a support document cannot be construed as an authorization by BIS to reexport or transfer (in country) the items in the form in which received even though we may have indicated the intention to reexport or transfer (in country), and that authorization to reexport (or transfer in country) is not granted in an export license on the basis of information provided in the statement, but as a result of a specific request in a license application.
(b) Form BIS-711. Form BIS-711 is available at http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/component/rsform/form/21-request-bis-forms?task=forms.edit. Instructions on completing Form BIS-711 are described below. The ultimate consignee and purchaser may sign a legible copy of Form BIS-711. It is not necessary to require the ultimate consignee and purchaser to sign an original Form BIS-711, provided all information contained on the copy is legible. All information must be typed or legibly printed in each appropriate Block or Box.
(1) Block 1: Ultimate Consignee. The Ultimate Consignee must be the person abroad who is actually to receive the material for the disposition stated in Block 2. A bank, freight forwarder, forwarding agent, or other intermediary is not acceptable as the Ultimate Consignee.
(2) Block 2: Disposition or Use of Items by Ultimate Consignee named in Block 1. Place an (X) in “A.,” “B.,” “C.,” “D.,” and “E.,” as appropriate, and fill in the required information.
(3) Block 3: Nature of Business of Ultimate Consignee named in Block 1. Complete both “A” and “B”. Possible choices for “A” include: broker, distributor, fabricator, manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer, value added reseller, original equipment manufacturer, etc. Possible choices for “B” include: contractual, franchise, distributor, wholesaler, continuing and regular individual business, etc.
(4) Block 4: Additional Information. Provide any other information not appearing elsewhere on the form such as other parties to the transaction, and any other material facts that may be of value in considering license applications supported by this statement.
(5) Block 5: Assistance in Preparing Statement. Name all persons, other than employees of the ultimate consignee or purchaser, who assisted in the preparation of this form.
(6) Block 6: Ultimate Consignee. Enter the requested information and sign the statement in ink. (For a definition of ultimate consignee, see §748.5(e) of this part.)
(7) Block 7: Purchaser. This form must be signed in ink by the Purchaser, if the Purchaser is not the same as the Ultimate Consignee identified in Block 1. (For a definition of purchaser, see §748.5(c) of this part.)
(8) Block 8: Certification for Exporter. This Block must be completed to certify that no correction, addition, or alteration on this form was made subsequent to the signing by the Ultimate Consignee in Block 6 and Purchaser in Block 7.
[80 FR 13221, Mar. 13, 2015]