Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§13.12 General information requirements on applications for permits.
(a) General information required for all applications. All applications must contain the following information:
(1) Applicant's full name and address (street address, city, county, state, and zip code; and mailing address if different from street address); home and work telephone numbers; and, if available, a fax number and e-mail address, and:
(i) If the applicant resides or is located outside the United States, an address in the United States, and, if conducting commercial activities, the name and address of his or her agent that is located in the United States; and
(ii) If the applicant is an individual, the date of birth, social security number, if available, occupation, and any business, agency, organizational, or institutional affiliation associated with the wildlife or plants to be covered by the license or permit; or
(iii) If the applicant is a business, corporation, public agency, or institution, the tax identification number; description of the type of business, corporation, agency, or institution; and the name and title of the person responsible for the permit (such as president, principal officer, or director);
(2) Location where the requested permitted activity is to occur or be conducted;
(3) Reference to the part(s) and section(s) of this subchapter B as listed in paragraph (b) of this section under which the application is made for a permit or permits, together with any additional justification, including supporting documentation as required by the referenced part(s) and section(s);
(4) If the requested permitted activity involves the import or re-export of wildlife or plants from or to any foreign country, and the country of origin, or the country of export or re-export restricts the taking, possession, transportation, exportation, or sale of wildlife or plants, documentation as indicated in §14.52(c) of this subchapter B;
(5) Certification in the following language:
I hereby certify that I have read and am familiar with the regulations contained in title 50, part 13, of the Code of Federal Regulations and the other applicable parts in subchapter B of chapter I of title 50, Code of Federal Regulations, and I further certify that the information submitted in this application for a permit is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false statement herein may subject me to suspension or revocation of this permit and to the criminal penalties of 18 U.S.C. 1001.
(6) Desired effective date of permit except where issuance date is fixed by the part under which the permit is issued;
(8) Signature of the applicant; and
(9) Such other information as the Director determines relevant to the processing of the application, including, but not limited to, information on the environmental effects of the activity consistent with 40 CFR 1506.5 and Departmental procedures at 516 DM 6, Appendix 1.3A.
(b) Additional information required on permit applications. As stated in paragraph (a)(3) of this section, certain additional information is required on all permit applications. For CITES permit applications, see part 23 of this subchapter. Additional information required on applications for other types of permits may be found by referring to the sections of this subchapter cited in the following table:
[39 FR 1161, Jan. 4, 1974, as amended at 42 FR 10465, Feb. 22, 1977; 42 FR 32377, June 24, 1977; 44 FR 54006, Sept. 17, 1979; 44 FR 59083, Oct. 12, 1979; 45 FR 56673, Aug. 25, 1980; 45 FR 78154, Nov. 25, 1980; 46 FR 42680, Aug. 24, 1981; 48 FR 31607, July 8, 1983; 48 FR 57300, Dec. 29, 1983; 50 FR 39687, Sept. 30, 1985; 50 FR 45408, Oct. 31, 1985; 54 FR 38147, Sept. 14, 1989; 70 FR 18319, Apr. 11, 2005; 72 FR 48446, Aug. 23, 2007; 73 FR 29083, May 20, 2008; 74 FR 46876, Sept. 11, 2009; 79 FR 30417, May 27, 2014]