Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Text | PDF
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 5: Administrative Personnel
§2638.102 General policies.
(a) The Office of Government Ethics (“the Office”) provides overall direction and leadership concerning executive branch policies related to preventing conflicts of interest. The head of each agency has primary responsibility for the administration of the “ethics in government” program within his or her agency. The Office carries out its leadership role by:
(1) Providing information on and promoting ethical standards in executive agencies;
(2) Consulting with agencies regarding their agency ethics programs and assisting them in interpreting ethics rules and regulations;
(3) Developing rules and regulations pertaining to conflicts of interests and standards of conduct;
(4) Monitoring compliance with the public and confidential financial disclosure requirements;
(5) Establishing a formal advisory opinion service; and
(6) Evaluating the effectiveness of programs designed to prevent conflicts of interests.