The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 49: Transportation
§386.13 Petitions to review and request for hearing: Driver qualification proceedings.
(a) Within 60 days after service of the determination under §391.47 of this chapter or the letter of disqualification, the driver or carrier may petition to review such action. Such petitions must be submitted to the Assistant Administrator and must contain the following:
(1) Identification of what action the petitioner wants overturned;
(2) Copies of all evidence upon which petitioner relies in the form set out in §386.49;
(3) All legal and other arguments which the petitioner wishes to make in support of his/her position;
(4) A request for oral hearing, if one is desired, which must set forth material factual issues believed to be in dispute;
(5) Certification that the petition has been filed in accordance with §386.6(c); and
(6) Any other pertinent material.
(b) Failure to submit a petition as specified in paragraph (a) of this section shall constitute a waiver of the right to petition for review of the determination or letter of disqualification. In these cases, the determination or disqualification issued automatically becomes the final decision of the Assistant Administrator 30 days after the time to submit the reply or petition to review has expired, unless the Assistant Administrator orders otherwise.
(c) If the petition does not request a hearing, the Assistant Administrator may issue a final decision and order based on the evidence and arguments submitted.
[50 FR 40306, Oct. 2, 1985, as amended at 78 FR 58481, Sept. 24, 2013]