Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 48: Federal Acquisition Regulations System
(a) Contracts having a patent rights clause should be so administered that—
(1) Inventions are identified, disclosed, and reported as required by the contract, and elections are made;
(2) The rights of the Government in subject inventions are established;
(3) When patent protection is appropriate, patent applications are timely filed and prosecuted by contractors or by the Government;
(4) The rights of the Government in filed patent applications are documented by formal instruments such as licenses or assignments; and
(5) Expeditious commercial utilization of subject inventions is achieved.
(b) If a subject invention is made under a contract funded by more than one agency, at the request of the contractor or on their own initiative, the agencies shall designate one agency as responsible for administration of the rights of the Government in the invention.