Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Text | PDF
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§147.7 Incorporation by reference.
(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, the Coast Guard must publish notice of change in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved material is available for inspection at Coast Guard Headquarters. Contact Commandant (CG-ENG), Attn: Office of Design and Engineering Systems, U.S. Coast Guard Stop 7509, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20593-7509. The material is also available from the sources listed below. It is also available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(b) American Boat and Yacht Council, Inc. (ABYC), 613 Third Street, Suite 10, Annapolis, MD 21403, telephone 410-990-4460, www.abyinc.org.
(1) ABYC H-25-81, Portable Fuel Systems and Portable Containers for Flammable Liquids, (May 12, 1981), (“ABYC H-25-81”), IBR approved for §147.45.
(c) American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE), Publication Sales Department, 1791 Tullie Circle NE., Atlanta, GA 30329, telephone 404-636-8400, www.ashrae.org.
(1) ANSI/ASHRAE 34-78, Number Designation of Refrigerants (approved 1978), (“ANSI/ASHRAE 34-78”), IBR approved for §147.90.
(d) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA, 02169-7471, telephone 617-770-3000, www.nfpa.org.
(1) NFPA 2001, Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems, 2008 Edition, (“NFPA 2001”), IBR approved for §§147.66 and 147.67.
(e) Public Health Service, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402.
(1) DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 84-2024, The Ship's Medicine Chest and Medical Aid at Sea (revised 1984), (“DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 84-2024”), IBR approved for §147.105.
(f) Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL), 333 Pfingsten Road, Northbrook, IL 60062, telephone 847-272-8800, www.ul.com.
(1) UL 30, Standard for Metal Safety Cans, 7th Ed. (revised March 3, 1987), (“UL 30”), IBR approved for §147.45.
(2) UL 1185, Standard for Portable Marine Fuel Tanks, Second Edition, revised July 6, 1984, (“UL 1185”), IBR approved for §147.45.
(3) UL 1313, Standard for Nonmetallic Safety Cans for Petroleum Products, 1st Ed. (revised March 22, 1985), (“UL 1313”), IBR approved for §147.45.
(4) UL 1314, Standard for Special-Propose Containers, 1st Ed. (revised February 7, 1984), (“UL 1314”), IBR approved for §147.45.
[USCG-2006-24797, 77 FR 33885, June 7, 2012, as amended by USCG-2013-0671, 78 FR 60154, Sept. 30, 2013]