Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§69.5 Vessels required or eligible to be measured.
(a) The following vessels (including public vessels) are required to be measured under this part:
(1) Vessels that are to be documented as a vessel of the United States.
(2) Vessels of 79 feet or more in overall length that engage on a foreign voyage.
(3) Vessels subject to a Federal law or regulation based on vessel tonnage.
(4) Vessels determined by the Commandant to require measurement under this part.
(b) The following vessels are not required to be measured under this part but are eligible to be measured, if the owner requests:
(1) Public vessels that are not to be documented and will not engage on a foreign voyage.
(2) Vessels of war.
[CGD 87-015b, 54 FR 37657, Sept. 12, 1989, as amended by CGD 92-058, 57 FR 59938, Dec. 17, 1992]