Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Text | PDF
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§2551.93 What are grants management requirements?
What rules govern a sponsor's management of grants?
(a) A sponsor shall manage a grant in accordance with:
(1) The Act;
(2) Regulations in this part;
(3) 2 CFR part 200 and 2 CFR part 2205; and
(4) Other applicable Corporation requirements.
(b) Project support provided under a Corporation grant shall be furnished at the lowest possible cost consistent with the effective operation of the project.
(c) Volunteer expense items, including transportation, meals, recognition activities and items purchased at the volunteers' own expense and which are not reimbursed, are not allowable as contributions to the non-Federal share of the budget.
(d) Costs to bring a sponsor into basic compliance with accessibility requirements for individuals with disabilities are not allowable costs.
(e) Payments to settle discrimination allegations, either informally through a settlement agreement or formally as a result of a decision finding discrimination, are not allowable costs.
(f) Written Corporation approval/concurrence is required for the following changes in the approved grant:
(1) Reduction in budgeted volunteer service years.
(2) Change in the service area.
(3) Transfer of budgeted line items from Volunteer Expenses to Support Expenses. This requirement does not apply if the 80 percent volunteer cost reimbursement ratio is maintained.
[79 FR 76077, Dec. 19, 2014]