Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Text | PDF
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§158.2120 Microbial pesticides product analysis data requirements table.
(a) General. Sections 158.100 through 158.130 describe how to use this table to determine the product analysis data requirements and the substance to be tested for a particular microbial pesticide. Notes that apply to an individual test and include specific conditions, qualifications, or exceptions to the designated test are identified in paragraph (d) of this section.
(b) Key. R = Required; CR = Conditionally required; NR = Not required; MP = Manufacturing-use product; EP = End-use product; TEP = Typical end-use product; TGAI = Technical grade of the active ingredient; All = All of the above.
(c) Table. The table in this paragraph shows the data requirements for microbial pesticides product analysis. The test notes are shown in paragraph (d) of this section.
Table—Microbial Pesticides Product Analysis Data Requirements
(d) Test notes. The following test notes are applicable to the data requirements for microbial pesticides product analysis as referenced in the last column of the table contained in paragraph (c) of this section.
1. Required for each isolate of a microbial pesticide. Isolates must be deposited with an agreement to ensure that the sample will be maintained and will not be discarded for the duration of the associated registration(s).
2. Required to support registration of each manufacturing-use product and end-use product. This analysis must be conducted at the point in the production process after which there would be no potential for microbial contamination or microbial regrowth. For full registration, generally an analysis of samples is a compilation of batches, over a period of time, depending on the frequency of manufacturing.
3. Only required for emulsifiable liquid forms of microbial pesticides.
4. Required when microbial pesticides are packaged in metal, plastic, or paper containers.
5. Only required for liquid forms of microbial pesticides.
[72 FR 61002, Oct. 26, 2007, as amended at 77 FR 52612, Aug. 30, 2012]