Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Text | PDF
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 34: Education
§682.702 Effect on participation.
(a) Limitation, suspension, or termination proceedings by the Secretary do not affect a lender's responsibilities or rights to benefits and claim payments that are based on the lender's prior participation in the program, except as provided in §682.709.
(b) A limitation imposes on a lender—
(1) A limit on the number or total amount of loans that a lender may purchase or hold under the FFEL Program; or
(2) Other reasonable requirements or conditions, including those described in §682.709.
(c) A limitation imposes on a third-party servicer—
(1) A limit on the number of loans or accounts or total amount of loans that the servicer may service;
(2) A limit on the number of loans or accounts or total amount of loans that the servicer is administering under its contract with a lender or guaranty agency; or
(3) Other reasonable requirements or conditions, including those described in §682.709.
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1080, 1082, 1085, 1094)
[57 FR 60323, Dec. 18, 1992, as amended at 59 FR 22457, Apr. 29, 1994; 78 FR 65822, Nov. 1, 2013]