Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 34: Education
§682.702 Effect on participation.
(a) Limitation, suspension, or termination proceedings by the Secretary do not affect a lender's responsibilities or rights to benefits and claim payments that are based on the lender's prior participation in the program, except as provided in §682.709.
(b) A limitation imposes on a lender—
(1) A limit on the number or total amount of loans that a lender may purchase or hold under the FFEL Program; or
(2) Other reasonable requirements or conditions, including those described in §682.709.
(c) A limitation imposes on a third-party servicer—
(1) A limit on the number of loans or accounts or total amount of loans that the servicer may service;
(2) A limit on the number of loans or accounts or total amount of loans that the servicer is administering under its contract with a lender or guaranty agency; or
(3) Other reasonable requirements or conditions, including those described in §682.709.
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1080, 1082, 1085, 1094)
[57 FR 60323, Dec. 18, 1992, as amended at 59 FR 22457, Apr. 29, 1994; 78 FR 65822, Nov. 1, 2013]