The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
(a) As used in this part, the following terms shall have the same meaning as defined in section 301 of Title III of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act Amendments of 1978 (Pub. L. 95-372): “barrel”; “claim”; “discharge”; “facility”; “Fund”; “guarantor”; “incident”; “offshore facility”; “oil pollution”; “operator”; “owner”; “person”; “person in charge”; “public vessel”; and “vessel”.
(b) As used in this part:
(1) Act means Title III of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act Amendments of 1978 (Pub. L. 95-372), entitled “Offshore Oil Spill Pollution Fund”.
(2) Captain of the Port means a Coast Guard officer designated as Captain of the Port for the areas described in part 3 of this chapter, or that person's authorized representative or, where there is no Captain of the Port area, the District Commander.
(3) Commandant means the Commandant of the Coast Guard or that person's authorized representative.
(4) District Commander means the Coast Guard officer commanding a Coast Guard District described in part 3 of this chapter, or that person's authorized representative.
(5) Fund Administrator means the person to whom the authority and functions of the Commandant as administrator of the Fund are delegated.
(6) Oil means petroleum, including crude oil or any fraction or residue therefrom and natural gas condensate, except that the term does not include natural gas.
(7) Outer Continental Shelf or OCS means “outer Continental Shelf” as defined in section 2(a) of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (43 U.S.C.1331(a)).