Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 30: Mineral Resources
§778.11 Providing applicant and operator information.
(a) You, the applicant, must provide in the permit application—
(1) A statement indicating whether you and your operator are corporations, partnerships, associations, sole proprietorships, or other business entities;
(2) Taxpayer identification numbers for you and your operator.
(b) You must provide the name, address, and telephone number for—
(1) The applicant.
(2) Your resident agent who will accept service of process.
(3) Any operator, if different from the applicant.
(4) Each business entity in the applicant's and operator's organizational structure, up to and including the ultimate parent entity of the applicant and operator; for every such business entity, you must also provide the required information for every president, chief executive officer, and director (or persons in similar positions), and every person who owns, of record, 10 percent or more of the entity.
(c) For you and your operator, you must provide the information required by paragraph (d) of this section for every—
(5) Person performing a function similar to a director.
(6) Person who owns, of record, 10 percent or more of the applicant or operator.
(d) You must provide the following information for each person listed in paragraph (c) of this section—
(1) The person's name, address, and telephone number.
(2) The person's position title and relationship to you, including percentage of ownership and location in the organizational structure.
(3) The date the person began functioning in that position.
(e) We need not make a finding as provided for under §774.11(g) of this subchapter before entering into AVS the information required to be disclosed under this section; however, the mere listing in AVS of a person identified in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section does not create a presumption or constitute a determination that such person owns or controls a surface coal mining operation.
[65 FR 79668, Dec. 19, 2000, as amended at 72 FR 68031, Dec. 3, 2007]