The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 18: Conservation of Power and Water Resources
§385.1505 Determination of proposed penalty amount (Rule 1505).
(a) In determining the amount of a proposed penalty, the Commission will consider the nature and seriousness of the violation, and the efforts of the licensee, exemptee, permittee or one who should possess appropriate authority but does not, to remedy the violation in a timely manner.
(b) In making its determination under paragraph (a), the Commission will consider the following factors:
(1) Whether the person had actual knowledge of the violation;
(2) Whether the person had constructive knowledge of the violation deemed to be possessed by a reasonable individual acting under similar circumstances;
(3) Whether the person has a history of previous violations;
(4) Whether the violation caused loss of life or injury to persons;
(5) Whether economic benefits were derived because of the violation;
(6) Whether the violation caused damage to property or the environment;
(7) Whether the violation endangered persons, property or the environment;
(8) Whether there were timely remedial efforts;
(9) Whether there were untimely remedial efforts;
(10) Whether there were no remedial efforts; and
(11) Whether there are any other pertinent considerations.