The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 18: Conservation of Power and Water Resources
§367.1080 Account 108, Accumulated provision for depreciation of service company property.
(a) This account must be credited with the following:
(1) Amounts charged to account 403, Depreciation expense (§367.4030), or to clearing accounts for current depreciation expense for service company property.
(2) Amounts charged to account 416, Costs and expenses of merchandising, jobbing, and contract work (§367.4160), or to clearing accounts for current depreciation expense.
(3) Amounts of depreciation applicable to properties acquired. (See Service Company Property Instruction in §367.53.)
(4) Amounts of depreciation applicable to service company property donated to the service company.
(b) The service company must maintain separate subaccounts for depreciation applicable to service company property.
(c) At the time of retirement of depreciable service company property, this account must be charged with the book cost of the property retired and the cost of removal, and must be credited with the salvage value and any other amounts recovered, such as insurance.
(d) The subsidiary records for this account must reflect the current credits and debits to this account in sufficient detail to show the following separately:
(1) The amount of accrual for depreciation,
(2) The book cost of property retired,
(3) Cost of removal,
(4) Salvage, and
(5) Other items, including recoveries from insurance.
(e) The service company is restricted in its use of the accumulated provision for depreciation to the purposes identified in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section. It must not transfer any portion of this account to retained earnings or make any other use of the depreciation without authorization by the Commission.