Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§35.5 Propeller ratings and operating limitations.
(a) Propeller ratings and operating limitations must:
(1) Be established by the applicant and approved by the Administrator.
(2) Be included directly or by reference in the propeller type certificate data sheet, as specified in §21.41 of this chapter.
(3) Be based on the operating conditions demonstrated during the tests required by this part as well as any other information the Administrator requires as necessary for the safe operation of the propeller.
(b) Propeller ratings and operating limitations must be established for the following, as applicable:
(1) Power and rotational speed:
(i) For takeoff.
(ii) For maximum continuous.
(iii) If requested by the applicant, other ratings may also be established.
(2) Overspeed and overtorque limits.
[Amdt. 35-8, 73 FR 63346, Oct. 24, 2008]