Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
(a) The airplane must contain—
(1) The markings and placards specified in §§23.1545 through 23.1567; and
(2) Any additional information, instrument markings, and placards required for the safe operation if it has unusual design, operating, or handling characteristics.
(b) Each marking and placard prescribed in paragraph (a) of this section—
(1) Must be displayed in a conspicuous place; and
(2) May not be easily erased, disfigured, or obscured.
(c) For airplanes which are to be certificated in more than one category—
(1) The applicant must select one category upon which the placards and markings are to be based; and
(2) The placards and marking information for all categories in which the airplane is to be certificated must be furnished in the Airplane Flight Manual.
[Doc. No. 4080, 29 FR 17955, Dec. 18, 1964; 30 FR 258, Jan. 9, 1965, as amended by Amdt. 23-21, 43 FR 2319, Jan. 16, 1978]