Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Text | PDF
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
(a) The airplane must contain—
(1) The markings and placards specified in §§23.1545 through 23.1567; and
(2) Any additional information, instrument markings, and placards required for the safe operation if it has unusual design, operating, or handling characteristics.
(b) Each marking and placard prescribed in paragraph (a) of this section—
(1) Must be displayed in a conspicuous place; and
(2) May not be easily erased, disfigured, or obscured.
(c) For airplanes which are to be certificated in more than one category—
(1) The applicant must select one category upon which the placards and markings are to be based; and
(2) The placards and marking information for all categories in which the airplane is to be certificated must be furnished in the Airplane Flight Manual.
[Doc. No. 4080, 29 FR 17955, Dec. 18, 1964; 30 FR 258, Jan. 9, 1965, as amended by Amdt. 23-21, 43 FR 2319, Jan. 16, 1978]