Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 12: Banks and Banking
§715.3 General responsibilities of the Supervisory Committee.
(a) Basic. The supervisory committee is responsible for ensuring that the board of directors and management of the credit union—
(1) Meet required financial reporting objectives and
(2) Establish practices and procedures sufficient to safeguard members' assets.
(b) Specific. To carry out the responsibilities set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, the supervisory committee must determine whether:
(1) Internal controls are established and effectively maintained to achieve the credit union's financial reporting objectives which must be sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the supervisory committee audit, verification of members' accounts and its additional responsibilities;
(2) The credit union's accounting records and financial reports are promptly prepared and accurately reflect operations and results;
(3) The relevant plans, policies, and control procedures established by the board of directors are properly administered; and
(4) Policies and control procedures are sufficient to safeguard against error, conflict of interest, self-dealing and fraud.
(c) Mandates. In carrying out the responsibilities set forth in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, the Supervisory Committee must:
(1) Ensure that the credit union adheres to the measurement and filing requirements for reports filed with the NCUA Board under §741.6 of this chapter;
(2) Perform or obtain a supervisory committee audit, as prescribed in §715.4 of this part;
(3) Verify or cause the verification of members' passbooks and accounts against the records of the credit union, as prescribed in §715.8 of this part;
(4) Act to avoid imposition of sanctions for failure to comply with the requirements of this part, as prescribed in §§715.11 and 715.12 of this part.
[64 FR 41035, July 29, 1999, as amended at 69 FR 27828, May 17, 2004]