Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 45: Public Welfare
Appendix C to Part 1356—Calculating Sample Size for NYTD Follow-Up Populations
1. Using Finite Population Correction
The Finite Population Correction (FPC) is applied when the sample is drawn from a population of one to 5,000 youth, because the sample is more than five percent of the population.View or download PDF
• (Py)(Pn), an estimate of the percent of responses to a dichotomous variable, is (.50)(.50) for the most conservative estimate.View or download PDF
• Acceptable level of error = .05 (results are plus or minus five percentage points from the actual score)
• Z = 1.645 (90 percent confidence interval)View or download PDF
• N = number of youth from whom the sample is being drawn
2. Not Using Finite Population Correction
The FPC is not applied when the sample is drawn from a population of over 5,000 youth.View or download PDF
[73 FR 10372, Feb. 26, 2008]