Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§1783.7 What is the grant application process?
(a) The applicant must complete and submit the following items to RUS to apply for a grant under this part:
(1) Application for Federal Assistance: Standard Form 424;
(2) Budget Information—Non-Construction Programs: Standard Form 424A;
(3) Assurances—Non-Construction Programs: Standard Form 424B;
(4) Evidence of applicant's legal existence and authority in the form of certified copies of organizational documents and a certified list of directors and officers with their respective terms;
(5) Evidence of tax exempt status, and
(6) Most recent annual audit conducted by an independent auditor.
(b) The applicant must submit a written work plan that demonstrates the ability of the applicant to make and service loans to eligible entities under this program and the feasibility of the applicant's lending program to meet the objectives of this part.
(c) The applicant should submit a narrative establishing the basis for any claims that it has substantial expertise in making and servicing loans. The Secretary will give priority to an applicant that demonstrates it has substantial experience of this type.
(d) The applicant may submit such additional information as it elects to support and describe its plan for achieving the objectives of the part.