Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§1753.37 Plans and specifications (P&S).
(a) General. (1) Prior to the preparation of P&S, the borrower shall review with the GFR the current and future requirements for central office equipment.
(2) The P&S shall specify the delivery and completion time required for each exchange.
(3) The P&S shall provide for a complement of spare parts to be provided to the borrower. The quantity and type of spare parts shall be determined in accordance with the provisions in RUS Form 522 “General Specification for Digital, Stored Program Controlled Central Office Equipment.”
(4) P&S for equipment to be provided under a Form 545 contract shall require the supplier to provide specific installation information and a detailed bonding and grounding plan to be utilized by the engineer. borrower, and others responsible for the installation of the equipment.
(b) Preparation of P&S. (1) The P&S shall include RUS Contract Form 525 or 545, Notice and Instructions to Bidders, specifications for the required equipment for each exchange, provision for spare parts, and all other pertinent data needed by the bidder to complete its proposal.
(2) Guidelines for the preparation of the detailed equipment specifications are contained in the Telecommunications Engineering and Construction Manual (TE&CM), which is available from RUS.
(c) RUS review of P&S is required for construction estimated to cost over $500,000 total or estimated to cost more than 25% of the total loan, whichever is less.
(1) If RUS review is required, the borrower shall submit one copy of the P&S to the GFR for RUS review.
(2) RUS will review the P&S and notify the borrower in writing of approval or disapproval.
[54 FR 39267, Sept. 25, 1989. Redesignated at 55 FR 39397, Sept. 27, 1990, as amended at 64 FR 16607, Apr. 6, 1999]