Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 48: Federal Acquisition Regulations System
52.222-34 Project Labor Agreement.
As prescribed in 22.505(b)(1), insert the following clause:
Project Labor Agreement (MAY 2010)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause—
Labor organization means a labor organization as defined in 29 U.S.C. 152(5).
Project labor agreement means a pre-hire collective bargaining agreement with one or more labor organizations that establishes the terms and conditions of employment for a specific construction project and is an agreement described in 29 U.S.C. 158(f).
(b) The Contractor shall maintain in a current status throughout the life of the contract the project labor agreement entered into prior to the award of this contract in accordance with solicitation provision 52.222-33, Notice of Requirement for Project Labor Agreement.
(c) Subcontracts. The Contractor shall include the substance of this clause, including this paragraph (c), in all subcontracts with subcontractors engaged in construction on the construction project.
(End of clause)
Alternate I (MAY 2010). As prescribed in 22.505(b)(2), substitute the following paragraphs (b) through (f) for paragraphs (b) and (c) of the basic clause:
(b) Consistent with applicable law, the Contractor shall negotiate a project labor agreement with one or more labor organizations for the term of this construction contract. The Contractor shall submit an executed copy of the project labor agreement to the Contracting Officer.
(c) Consistent with applicable law, the project labor agreement reached pursuant to this clause shall—
(1) Bind the Contractor and all subcontractors engaged in construction on the construction project to comply with the project labor agreement;
(2) Allow the Contractor and all subcontractors to compete for contracts and subcontracts without regard to whether they are otherwise parties to collective bargaining agreements;
(3) Contain guarantees against strikes, lockouts, and similar job disruptions;
(4) Set forth effective, prompt, and mutually binding procedures for resolving labor disputes arising during the project labor agreement;
(5) Provide other mechanisms for labor-management cooperation on matters of mutual interest and concern, including productivity, quality of work, safety, and health; and
(6) Fully conform to all statutes, regulations, Executive orders, and agency requirements.
(d) Any project labor agreement reached pursuant to this clause does not change the terms of this contract or provide for any price adjustment by the Government.
(e) The Contractor shall maintain in a current status throughout the life of the contract the project labor agreement entered into pursuant to this clause.
(f) Subcontracts. The Contractor shall require subcontractors engaged in construction on the construction project to agree to any project labor agreement negotiated by the prime contractor pursuant to this clause, and shall include the substance of paragraphs (d) through (f) of this clause in all subcontracts with subcontractors engaged in construction on the construction project.
[75 FR 19178, Apr. 13, 2010, as amended at 75 FR 34291, June 16, 2010]