The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§24.839 Transfer of control or assignment of license.
(a) Restrictions on Assignments and Transfers of Licenses for Frequency Blocks C and F won in closed bidding. No assignment or transfer of control of a license for frequency Block C or frequency Block F won in closed bidding pursuant to the eligibility requirements of §24.709 will be granted unless:
(1) The application for assignment or transfer of control is filed after five years from the date of the initial license grant; or
(2) The proposed assignee or transferee meets the eligibility criteria set forth in §24.709 of this part at the time the application for assignment or transfer of control is filed, or the proposed assignee or transferee holds other license(s) for frequency blocks C and F and, at the time of receipt of such license(s), met the eligibility criteria set forth in §24.709 of this part; or
(3) The application is for partial assignment of a partitioned service area to a rural telephone company pursuant to §24.714 of this part and the proposed assignee meets the eligibility criteria set forth in §24.709 of this part; or
(4) The application is for an involuntary assignment or transfer of control to a bankruptcy trustee appointed under involuntary bankruptcy, an independent receiver appointed by a court of competent jurisdiction in a foreclosure action, or, in the event of death or disability, to a person or entity legally qualified to succeed the deceased or disabled person under the laws of the place having jurisdiction over the estate involved; provided that, the applicant requests a waiver pursuant to this paragraph; or
(5) The assignment or transfer of control is pro forma; or
(6) The application for assignment or transfer of control is filed on or after the date the licensee has notified the Commission pursuant to §24.203(c) that its five-year construction requirement has been satisfied.
(b) If the assignment or transfer of control of a license is approved, the assignee or transferee is subject to the original construction requirement of §24.203 of this part.
[63 FR 68953, Dec. 14, 1998; as amended at 65 FR 53638, Sept. 5, 2000]