Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§503.39 Factors to be considered in response to demands or requests.
(a) The Commission will determine whether testimony or the production of documents will be authorized according to the following criteria:
(1) Statutory restrictions, as well as any legal objection, exemption, or privilege that may apply;
(2) Relevant legal standards for disclosure of nonpublic information and documents;
(3) Commission rules and regulations;
(4) The public interest;
(5) Minimizing or preventing expenditures of Commission time and resources solely for private purposes.
(6) Minimizing the appearance of improperly favoring one litigant over another;
(7) Minimizing the possibility that the public will misconstrue variances between personal opinions of Commission employees and Commission policy; and
(8) Preserving the integrity of the administrative process.