The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§153.935a Storage of cargo samples.
(a) The master shall make sure that any cargo samples are stored in:
(1) A designated and ventilated space in the cargo area of the vessel; or
(2) An area approved by the Commandant (CG-ENG) or the tankship's flag administration for the stowage of cargo samples.
(b) The master shall make sure that cargo sample bottles are stored:
(1) In a way that prevents shifting of the sample bottles when the vessel is at sea;
(2) In bins or containers constructed of materials that are resistant to the cargo samples; and
(3) Apart from other sample bottles containing incompatible liquids (See part 150, subpart A).
[CGD 78-128, 47 FR 21211, May 17, 1982, as amended by CGD 82-063b, 48 FR 4782, Feb. 3, 1983]