The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§154.514 Piping: Electrical bonding.
(a) Cargo tanks or piping that are separated from the hull structure by thermal isolation must be electrically bonded to the hull structure by a method under paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) A pipe joint or a hose connection fitting that has a gasket must be electrically bonded by a method under paragraph (c) of this section that bonds:
(1) Both sides of the connection to the hull structure; or
(2) Each side of the connection to the other side.
(c) An electrical bond must be made by at least one of the following methods:
(1) A metal bonding strap attached by welding or bolting.
(2) Two or more bolts that give metal to metal contact between the bolts and the parts to be bonded.
(3) Metal to metal contact between adjacent parts under designed operating conditions.