Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, all immediate receptacles, containers, or packages containing hazardous ships' stores must be labeled in English with the following information concerning the contents:
(1) Technical name or proper shipping name.
(2) For hazardous ships' stores other than liquid fuels, manufacturer's or supplier's name and address.
(3) Hazard classification under 49 CFR 172.101, 173.2, and 173.2(a).
(4) For hazardous ships' stores other than liquid fuels, step by step procedures for proper use.
(5) First aid instructions in the event of personnel contact, including antidotes in the event of ingestion.
(6) Stowage and segregation requirements.
(b) Hazardous ships' stores that are consumer commodities labeled in accordance with the Federal Hazardous Substances Act Regulations in 16 CFR part 1500 need not be labeled as specified in paragraph (a) of this section.
[CGD 84-044, 53 FR 7749, Mar. 10, 1988, as amended by CGD 97-057, 62 FR 51048, Sept. 30, 1997; USCG-2005-22329, 70 FR 57183, Sept. 30, 2005]