Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§44.340 Operating restrictions.
(a) Each hopper dredge assigned a working freeboard may be operated at drafts from the normal freeboard to the working freeboard if the—
(1) Seas are not more than 10 feet;
(2) Winds are not more than 35 knots;
(3) Area of operation is not more than 20 nautical miles (37 kilometers) from the mouth of a harbor of safe refuge; and
(4) Specific gravity of the spoil carried is not more than the highest specific gravity of spoil used in the stability calculations required by subchapter S of this chapter.
(b) The Assigning Authority designates on the face of the dredge's load line certificate—
(1) Each restriction contained in paragraph (a)(1) through (a)(3) of this section; and
(2) The maximum specific gravity of the spoils allowed to be carried.