Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§2551.46 What cost reimbursements are provided to Senior Companions?
Cost reimbursements include:
(a) Stipend. Senior Companions who are income eligible will receive a stipend in an amount determined by the Corporation and payable in regular installments, to enable them to serve without cost to themselves. The stipend is paid for the time Senior Companions spend with their assigned clients, for earned leave, and for attendance at official project events.
(b) Insurance. A Senior Companion is provided with the Corporation-specified minimum levels of insurance as follows:
(1) Accident insurance. Accident insurance covers Senior Companions for personal injury during travel between their homes and places of assignment, during their volunteer service, during meal periods while serving as a volunteer, and while attending project-sponsored activities. Protection shall be provided against claims in excess of any benefits or services for medical care or treatment available to the volunteer from other sources.
(2) Personal liability insurance. Protection is provided against claims in excess of protection provided by other insurance. It does not include professional liability coverage.
(3) Excess automobile liability insurance. (i) For Senior Companions who drive in connection with their service, protection is provided against claims in excess of the greater of either:
(A) Liability insurance volunteers carry on their own automobiles; or
(B) The limits of applicable state financial responsibility law, or in its absence, levels of protection to be determined by the Corporation for each person, each accident, and for property damage.
(ii) Senior Companions who drive their personal vehicles to or on assignments or project-related activities must maintain personal automobile liability insurance equal to or exceeding the levels established by the Corporation.
(c) Transportation. Senior Companions shall receive assistance with the cost of transportation to and from volunteer assignments and official project activities, including orientation, training, and recognition events.
(d) Physical examination. Senior Companions are provided a physical examination prior to assignment and annually thereafter to ensure that they will be able to provide supportive service without injury to themselves or the clients served.
(e) Meals and recognition. Senior Companions shall be provided the following within limits of the project's available resources:
(1) Assistance with the cost of meals taken while on assignment; and
(2) Recognition for their service.
(f) Leadership incentive. Senior Companions who serve as volunteer leaders, assisting new Senior Companions or coordinating other Senior Companions in accordance with the Act, may be paid a monetary incentive.
(g) Other volunteer expenses. Senior Companions may be reimbursed for expenses incurred while performing their volunteer assignments provided these expenses are described in the Memorandum of Understanding negotiated with the volunteer station to which the volunteer is assigned, and there are sufficient funds available to cover these expenses and meet all other requirements identified in the notice of grant award.
[64 FR 14115, Mar. 24, 1999, as amended at 67 FR 60998, Sept. 27, 2002; 69 FR 20830, Apr. 19, 2004. Redesignated at 72 FR 48584, Aug. 24, 2007]