Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 45: Public Welfare
§162.512 Implementation specifications: Health plans.
(a) A controlling health plan must do all of the following:
(1) Obtain an HPID from the Enumeration System for itself.
(2) Disclose its HPID, when requested, to any entity that needs the HPID to identify the health plan in a standard transaction.
(3) Communicate to the Enumeration System any changes in its required data elements in the Enumeration System within 30 days of the change.
(b) A controlling health plan may do the following:
(1) Obtain an HPID from the Enumeration System for a subhealth plan of the controlling health plan.
(2) Direct a subhealth plan of the controlling health plan to obtain an HPID from the Enumeration System.
(c) A subhealth plan may obtain an HPID from the Enumeration System.
(d) A subhealth plan that is assigned an HPID from the Enumeration System must comply with the requirements that apply to a controlling health plan in paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this section.