Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 40: Protection of Environment
§501.11 Elements of a sludge management program submission.
(a) Any State that seeks to administer a program under this part shall submit to the Administrator at least three copies of a program submission. The submission shall contain the following:
(1) A letter from the Governor of the State (or in the case of an Indian Tribe in accordance with §501.24(b), the Tribal authority exercising powers substantially similar to those of a State Governor) requesting program approval;
(2) A complete program description, as required by §501.12 describing how the State intends to carry out its responsibilities under this part;
(3) An Attorney General's Statement as required by §501.13;
(4) A Memorandum of Agreement with the Regional Administrator as required by §501.l4; and
(5) Copies of all applicable State statutes and regulations, including those governing State administrative procedures.
(b)(1) Within 30 days of receipt of a State program submission, EPA will notify the State whether its submission is complete. If it is incomplete, EPA will identify the information needed to complete the program submission.
(2) In the case of an Indian Tribe eligible under §501.24(b), EPA shall take into consideration the contents of the Tribe's request submitted under §501.22, in determining if the program submission required by §501.11(a) is complete.
(Information collection requirements in paragraph (a) were approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2040-0128)
[54 FR 18786, May 2, 1989, as amended at 58 FR 67983, Dec. 22, 1993; 59 FR 64346, Dec. 14, 1994]