The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 40: Protection of Environment
§310.21 How does EPA resolve disputes?
(a) The EPA reimbursement official's decision is final EPA action unless you file a request for review by registered or certified mail within 60 calendar days of the date you receive our decision. Send your request for review to the address given in §310.15(d).
(b) You must file your request for review with the disputes decision official identified in the final written decision.
(c) Your request for review must include:
(1) A statement of the amount you dispute;
(2) A description of the issues involved;
(3) A statement of your objection to the final decision; and
(4) Any additional information relevant to your objection to EPA's decision.
(d) After filing for review:
(1) You may request an informal conference with the EPA disputes decision official;
(2) You may be represented by counsel and may submit documentary evidence and briefs to be included in a written record; and
(3) You will receive a written decision by the disputes decision official within 45 days after we receive your final submission of information unless the official extends this period for good cause.