About GPO   |   Newsroom/Media   |   Congressional Relations   |   Inspector General   |   Careers   |   Contact   |   askGPO   |   Help  
Home   |   Customers   |   Vendors   |   Libraries  
The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.

Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF

Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.

Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.

Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of April 23, 2015

Title 38Chapter IPart 48Subpart B → §48.220

Title 38: Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief
Subpart B—Requirements for Recipients Other Than Individuals

§48.220   By when must I publish my drug-free workplace statement and establish my drug-free awareness program?

If you are a new recipient that does not already have a policy statement as described in §48.205 and an ongoing awareness program as described in §48.215, you must publish the statement and establish the program by the time given in the following table:

If .  .  . then you .  .  .
(a) The performance period of the award is less than 30 daysmust have the policy statement and program in place as soon as possible, but before the date on which performance is expected to be completed.
(b) The performance period of the award is 30 days or moremust have the policy statement and program in place within 30 days after award.
(c) You believe there are extraordinary circumstances that will require more than 30 days for you to publish the policy statement and establish the awareness programmay ask the Department of Veterans Affairs awarding official to give you more time to do so. The amount of additional time, if any, to be given is at the discretion of the awarding official.

Need assistance?