Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§654.11 What is the content of a participation agreement?
A State's participation agreement must include the following:
(a) A description of the criteria and procedures that the State, through its State educational agency (SEA), plans to use to administer this program in accordance with the requirements of this part, including the criteria and procedures it plans to use to—
(1) Publicize the availability of Byrd scholarships to students in the State, with particular emphasis on procedures designed to ensure that students from low- and moderate-income families know about their opportunity for participation in the program;
(2) Select eligible students;
(3) Notify scholars of their selections and scholarship awards;
(4) Monitor the continuing eligibility of scholars;
(5) Disburse scholarship funds in accordance with the requirements of §654.50; and
(6) Collect scholarship funds improperly disbursed.
(b) Assurances that the SEA will—
(1) Comply with the criteria and procedures in its approved participation agreement;
(2) Submit for the prior written approval of the Secretary any changes in the criteria and procedures in the approved participation agreement; and
(3) Expend the payments it receives under this program only as provided in §654.3.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1840-0612)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1070d-35 to 1070d-38)