The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 34: Education
§34.11 Timely request for a hearing.
(a) A hearing request is timely if—
(1) You mail the request to the office designated in the garnishment notice and the request is postmarked not later than the 30th day following the date of the notice; or
(2) The designated office receives the request not later than the 30th day following the date of the garnishment notice.
(b) If we receive a timely written request from you for a hearing, we will not issue a garnishment order before we—
(1) Provide the requested hearing; and
(2) Issue a written decision on the objections you raised.
(c) If your written request for a hearing is not timely—
(1) We provide you a hearing; and
(2) We do not delay issuance of a garnishment order unless—
(i) We determine from credible representations in the request that the delay in filing the request for hearing was caused by factors over which you had no control; or
(ii) We have other good reason to delay issuing a garnishment order.
(d) If we do not complete a hearing within 60 days of an untimely request, we suspend any garnishment order until we have issued a decision.
(Authority: 31 U.S.C. 3720D)