About GPO   |   Newsroom/Media   |   Congressional Relations   |   Inspector General   |   Careers   |   Contact   |   askGPO   |   Help  
Home   |   Customers   |   Vendors   |   Libraries  
The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.

Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF

Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.

Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.

Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of April 16, 2015

Title 33Chapter ISubchapter JPart 116 → §116.45

Title 33: Navigation and Navigable Waters

§116.45   Submission of bids, approval of award, guaranty of cost, and partial payments for bridges eligible for funding under the Truman-Hobbs Act.

(a) Once the plans and specifications for a bridge eligible for funding under the Truman-Hobbs Act have been approved, the bridge owner must take bids for the alteration of the bridge consistent with the approved plans and specifications. Those bids must then be submitted to the Chief, Office of Bridge Programs for approval.

(b) After the bridge owner submits the guaranty of cost required by 33 U.S.C. 515, the Chief, Office of Bridge Programs authorizes the owner to award the contract.

(c) Partial payments of the government's costs are authorized as the work progresses to the extent that funds have been appropriated.

[CGD 91-063, 60 FR 20902, Apr. 28, 1995, as amended by CGD 96-026, 61 FR 33664, June 28, 1996; USCG-2013-0397, 78 FR 39174, July 1, 2013; USCG-2014-0410, 79 FR 38433, July 7, 2014]

Need assistance?