Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 32: National Defense
§1642.4 Ineligibility for Class 3-A.
(a) A registrant is ineligible for Class 3-A when:
(1) He assumed an obligation to his dependents specifically for the purpose of evading training and service; or
(2) He acquired excessive financial obligations primarily to establish his dependency claim; or
(3) His dependents would not be deprived of reasonable support if the registrant is inducted; or
(4) There are other persons willing and able to assume the support of his dependents; or
(5) The dependents would suffer only normal anguish of separation from the registrant if he is inducted; or
(6) The hardship to a dependent is based solely on financial conditions and can be removed by payment and allowances which are payable by the United States to the dependents of persons who are serving in the Armed Forces; or
(7) The hardship to the dependent is based upon considerations that can be eliminated by payments and allowances which are payable by the United States to the dependents of persons who are serving in the Armed Forces.
[47 FR 4658, Feb. 1, 1982, as amended at 52 FR 24458, July 1, 1987]