Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§585.107 How do I show that I am qualified to be a lessee or grant holder?
(a) You must demonstrate your technical and financial capability to construct, operate, maintain, and terminate/decommission projects for which you are requesting authorization. Documentation can include:
(1) Descriptions of international or domestic experience with renewable energy projects or other types of electric-energy-related projects; and
(2) Information establishing access to sufficient capital to carry out development.
(b) An individual must submit a written statement of citizenship status attesting to U.S. citizenship. It does not need to be notarized nor give the age of individual. A resident alien may submit a photocopy of the Immigration and Naturalization Service form evidencing legal status of the resident alien.
(c) A corporation or association must submit evidence, as specified in the table in paragraph (d) of this section, acceptable to BOEM that:
(1) It is qualified to hold leases or grants under this part;
(2) It is authorized to conduct business under the laws of its State;
(3) It is authorized to hold leases or grants on the OCS under the operating rules of its business; and
(4) The persons holding the titles listed are authorized to bind the corporation or association when conducting business with BOEM.
(d) Acceptable evidence under paragraph (c) of this section includes, but is not limited to the following:
(e) A local, State, or Federal executive entity must submit a written statement that:
(1) It is qualified to hold leases or grants under this part; and
(2) The person(s) acting on behalf of the entity is authorized to bind the entity when conducting business with us.
(f) BOEM may require you to submit additional information at any time considering your bid or request for a noncompetitive lease.