The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 28: Judicial Administration
§58.13 Procedures all agencies shall follow when applying to become approved agencies.
(a) An agency applying to become an approved agency shall obtain an application, including appendices, from the United States Trustee.
(b) The agency shall complete the application, including its appendices, and attach the required supporting documents requested in the application.
(c) The agency shall submit the original of the completed application, including completed appendices and the required supporting documents, to the United States Trustee at the address specified on the application form.
(d) The application shall be signed by an agency representative who is authorized under applicable law to sign on behalf of the applying agency.
(e) The signed application, completed appendices, and required supporting documents shall be accompanied by a writing, signed by the signatory of the application and executed on behalf of the signatory and the agency, certifying the application does not:
(1) Falsify, conceal, or cover up by any trick, scheme or device a material fact;
(2) Make any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) Make or use any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry.
(f) The United States Trustee shall not consider an application, and it may be returned if:
(1) It is incomplete;
(2) It fails to include the completed appendices or all of the required supporting documents; or
(3) It is not accompanied by the certification identified in paragraph (e) of this section.
(g) The United States Trustee shall not consider an application on behalf of an agency, and it shall be returned if:
(1) It is submitted by any entity other than the agency; or
(2) Either the application or the accompanying certification is executed by any entity other than an agency representative who is authorized under applicable law to sign on behalf of the agency.
(h) By the act of submitting an application, an agency consents to the release and disclosure of its name, contact information, and non-confidential business information relating to the services it provides on the approved list should its application be approved.
[78 FR 16150, Mar. 14, 2013]