Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§9.23 Napa Valley.
(a) Name. The name of the viticultural area described in this section is “Napa Valley.”
(b) Approved maps. The maps showing the boundaries of the Napa Valley viticultural area are the:
(1) “Mt. St. Helena” U.S.G.S. 7.5 minute quadrangle;
(2) “Detert Reservoir” U.S.G.S. 7.5 minute quadrangle;
(3) “St. Helena” U.S.G.S. 15 minute quadrangle;
(4) “Jericho Valley” U.S.G.S. 7.5 minute quadrangle;
(5) “Lake Berryessa” U.S.G.S. 15 minute quadrangle;
(6) “Mt. Vaca” U.S.G.S. 15 minute quadrangle;
(7) “Cordelia” U.S.G.S. 7.5 minute quadrangle;
(8) “Cuttings Wharf” U.S.G.S. 7.5 minute quadrangle; and
(9) Appropriate Napa County tax assessor's maps showing the Napa County-Sonoma County line.
(c) Boundaries. The Napa Valley viticultural area is located within Napa County, California. From the beginning point at the conjuction of the Napa County-Sonoma County line and the Napa County-Lake County line, the boundary runs along—
(1) The Napa County-Lake County line;
(2) Putah Creek and the western and southern shores of Lake Berryessa;
(3) The Napa County-Solano County line; and
(4) The Napa County-Sonoma County line to the beginning point.
[T.D. ATF-79, 46 FR 9063, Jan. 28, 1981, as amended by T.D. ATF-201, 50 FR 12533, Mar. 29, 1985]