Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§19.152 Types of bonds.
(a) Basic Bonds. There are two basic types of bonds: the operations bond, and the withdrawal bond.
(1) Operations bond. An operations bond covers the tax liability for a variety of operations at a distilled spirits plant, along with any penalties incurred and fines imposed for violation of the law and regulations relating to activities covered by the bond.
(2) Withdrawal bond. A withdrawal bond covers the tax liability for tax determined distilled spirits withdrawn from the bonded premises on a tax deferred basis.
(b) Other bonds. In addition to the basic operations and withdrawal bonds, several variations of these bonds are available:
(1) An adjacent wine cellar bond covers operations at a distilled spirits plant and an adjacent bonded wine cellar;
(2) An area bond covers operations at two or more distilled spirits plant and any adjacent bonded wine cellars; and
(3) A unit bond covers both operations and withdrawals at one or more distilled spirits plants and operations at any adjacent bonded wine cellars.
(26 U.S.C. 5173)